Honey Extraction Facility – WLBK
Warwick and Leamington Beekeepers have a dedicated and well equipped Honey Extraction Facility, which is available for use by members. The facility needs to be booked and details about the booking system are given below.
You will also need to understand how to use the available equipment, and how to clean it after use. There is a detailed Extraction Facility Manual, but you can learn how to operate the equipment through watching the short videos on this web site.
Booking the Extraction Facility
- The first step is to read the terms and conditions which apply to the use of this Facility.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BY BOOKING THE FACILITY YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
- Next you need to view the current Extraction Facility Booking Status, and to pick a date/time on which both you and the Facility are available. Please see the on-line calendar for this purpose.
- To book the facility please contact Clive Joyce. Clive’s contact details are phone (not text) 01926 858528 or 07792 222251.
- The branch also holds a range of bee keeping equipment for loan to members. These items are usually those whose need by an individual is limited and, thus, they cannot justify the expense of acquisition and storage. View the List of Equipment for Home Loan to see the custodian, location and booking arrangements. Use of this equipment is governed by the Home Loan Protocol with which occupants are required to comply.
Using the equipment
You should watch the relevant videos from the list below before your use of the Extraction Facility. Please pay particular attention to the video on the topic of cleaning. It is really important to help to minimise the risk of disease spread among members' hives.
These short videos cover the following topics:
- Using the apimelter
- Using the warming cabinet
- Using the uncapping tray
- Using the radial extractor
- Cleaning after use